Urgent News About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
March 23, 2020
The spread of the coronavirus represents an unprecedented situation. The West Hempstead Water District has been proactive in addressing the situation and adhering to the conditions of the state of emergency for the public wellbeing.
- Your water supply is safe from COVID-19: the coronavirus is not waterborne. Operations will continue as normal and water flow, water pressure and water services have not been interrupted by this crisis.
- The office is closed to the general public until further notice.
- Paying Water Bills: You can continue to mail your payment to our office. Check payments for water bills may also be left at any time in our drop box located at the doorway to our entrance: 575 Birch Street, West Hempstead, NY 11552.
- District personnel will not enter any home unless there is an absolute necessity to do so.
- It is imperative to be vigilant and obey good hygiene practices. For more information about recommended practices and tips for avoiding the coronavirus, visit the Center for Disease Control’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
If you have questions or concerns, call us during normal business hours: Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at
Board of Water Commissioners
The West Hempstead Water District