Please adhere to Nassau County Ordinances as they apply to automatic, time-controlled sprinkler systems and manually operated irrigation:
- No watering between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Residents with even house numbers may water on even dates
- Residents with odd house numbers may water on odd dates
- Premises without numbered addresses may water on even dates
- Watering is not permitted on the 31st of any month
Welcome to the West Hempstead Water District
The West Hempstead Water District has delivered a reliable, safe and high-quality water supply to the residents, businesses and schools of the community since 1926. Our water is pumped from 7 wells drilled into the Magothy Aquifer beneath Long Island. Our three storage tanks have a total storage capacity of 3.1 million gallons and we maintain over 125 miles of water mains.
The District encompasses approximately two square miles, including a majority of West Hempstead, all of Garden City South and a large portion of Franklin Square, serving over 32,000 people.